Due to the evolution of the situation generated by the transmission of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Spain and the preventive measures adopted by the Government today regarding the celebration of all sporting events that are disputed in the Spanish territory, the City Council of Vigo and World Padel Tour want to state the following:
1. Both organizations, in their capacity as headquarters and organizer respectively, respect the decision adopted by the Ministry of Culture and Sports of the Government of Spain.
2. As a result, and due to the close proximity of its celebration (March 22-29), the City Council of Vigo and World Padel Tour have decided to definitively cancel the Vigo Open, second test of the official calendar, considering that it is a health alert of force majeure with possible significant transmissions and the impossibility of fully guaranteeing sanitary conditions and protecting the health of players, fans, sponsors and other participants in the event.
3. Both institutions will try to find, whenever the WPT calendar allows, a date in the current season of the Circuit or in the next edition of 2021 if it was not possible with the sole objective of ensuring that the Galician fan has the opportunity to continue enjoying of the best padel in the world.
4. World Padel Tour wants to inform all the fans that acquired a ticket for this event that they will receive the full refund of their entry in the same entity and bank account with which they made the payment without the need to make any request or procedure on their part.
5. Finally, from WPT and Concello de Vigo we trust that this important epidemic outbreak will be eradicated as quickly as possible and that a new stage of health and normalcy in life and sport is opened.